Gansbaai is a short trip away from Hermanus and offers a combination of goosebump thrills, education, and relaxation on a luxury boat in the company of experienced experts and researchers! They will show you how to distinguish between a male and female shark and how to identify a specific shark by its unique dorsal fin and scars. The 20 – 25-minute boat trip to where the activity is to take place, is by itself an exhilarating adventure.
Click to Book a Shark Cage Diving Trip
Here is a brief breakdown of what to expect:
- Before the trip guests meet at the Great White House in Kleinbaai
- You will receive breakfast or lunch and register your wetsuit size
- Guests receive a pre-trip safety briefing about what to expect during the trip and a biological background on great white sharks
- The guides then take you on a 200m stroll down to the harbour to board their boat.
- Travel time to Dyer Island is approximately 20 minutes, with the shallows being a short 10 minute ride (where we anchor depends on where the sharks are)
- On average, the boat anchors for 2 hours, but this depends on shark activity, conditions, as well as number of divers
- Weather permitting, you will take a quick trip through the infamous Shark Alley
- Lastly, a debrief in with soup and bread to warm you up.